Design patterns for maintainable code
If you’re already up to speed on Puppet and know how to write a basic module, this practical book takes you a critical step further with best practices for building out your Puppet infrastructure. You’ll learn how to avoid pitfalls that often leave many teams struggling to maintain what they already have.
Ideal for DevOps engineers—and written to cover the upcoming Puppet 4 release—this book shows you how best to deploy Puppet with long-term maintenance and future growth in mind. This book clearly picks up where other Puppet resources leave off.
Leverage the main components of Puppet, including Hiera, roles and profiles, site.pp, modules, and external node classifiers Explore the purpose of each Puppet component and understand how it fits into the bigger picture Avoid common ways that Puppet components are abused Build a release management and deployment process using Git and R10kLearn about module design patterns, as well as sub-classes, resource relationships, containment, defined types, and scope Apply development best practices, including the Single Responsibility Principle, Don’t Repeat Yourself, and Separation of Concerns
[psp_rs_book name=”Puppet Best Practices” author=”Chris Barbour” publisher=”O’Reilly Media” pubdate=”2015-12-25″ isbn=”978-1-49192-300-9″ formats=”PDF”]
Read Online Now Link :
- Business Intelligence and the Cloud: Strategic Implementation Guide (Wiley and SAS Business Series) Free PDF download
- Practical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for Developers free PDF download
- Swift 3 Functional Programming Free PDF/EPUB/Mobi Download
- Clean Code :A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship free PDF download
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master PDF download
- Text Processing with Ruby : Extract Value from the Data That Surrounds You PDF Download