“Positive, smart, empowering philosophies and thinking skills couched in a wacky adventure.” —Kirkus Reviews (Starred Review)
Lauren Ipsum is a whimsical journey through a land where logic and computer science come to life.
Meet Lauren, an adventurer lost in Userland who needs to find her way home by solving a series of puzzles. As she visits places like the Push & Pop Café and makes friends with people like Hugh Rustic and the Wandering Salesman, Lauren learns about computer science without even realizing it—and so do you!
Read Lauren Ipsum yourself or with someone littler than you, then flip to the notes at the back of the book to learn more about logic and computer science in the real world.
“Filled with wit and wordplay, Lauren Ipsum is a lively and timely introduction to computing fundamentals that wisely avoids mentioning computers altogether.” —Cory Doctorow for BoingBoing
“A looking glass tale for the computer age.” —School Library Journal
“Lauren Ipsum is part of a much larger movement that seeks to bring programming skills to, well, everyone.” —Wired
“Captures the spirit of problem solving and ignites readers’ imaginations…introduces girls and boys to computer science —and to a new way of thinking and problem solving.” —Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook COO and author of Lean In
“A fantastical journey into the 21st century tech ‘Wonderland’ that both educates and entertains.” —Ruthe Farmer, Chief Strategy & Growth Officer, National Center for Women & IT
Suggested for ages 10 and up
Read Online Now Link :
- Business Intelligence and the Cloud: Strategic Implementation Guide (Wiley and SAS Business Series) Free PDF download
- Practical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for Developers free PDF download
- Swift 3 Functional Programming Free PDF/EPUB/Mobi Download
- Clean Code :A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship free PDF download
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master PDF download
- Text Processing with Ruby : Extract Value from the Data That Surrounds You PDF Download