Random Access to Your Planet-Size Data
If you’re looking for a scalable storage solution to accommodate a virtually endless amount of data, this updated edition shows you how Apache HBase can meet your needs. Modeled after Google’s Big Table architecture, HBase scales to billions of rows and millions of columns, while ensuring that write and read performance remain constant.
Fully revised for HBase 1.0, this second edition brings you up to speed on the new HBase client API, as well as security features and new case studies that demonstrate HBase use in the real world. Whether you just started to evaluate this non-relational database, or plan to put it into practice right away, this book has your back.
Launch into basic, advanced, and administrative features of HBase’s new client-facing API Use new classes to integrate HBase with Hadoop’s Map Reduce framework Explore HBase’s architecture, including the storage format, write-ahead log, and background processes Dive into advanced usage, such extended client and server options Learn cluster sizing, tuning, and monitoring best practices Design schemas, copy tables, import bulk data, decommission nodes, and other tasks Go deeper into HBase security, including Kerberos and encryption at rest
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 2) by J.K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything by Wizards RPG Team Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Grant by Ron Chernow Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations by Oprah Winfrey Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7) by J. K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]