Over 140 recipes to help you turn QGIS from a desktop GIS tool into a powerful automated geospatial framework
Use Python and QGIS to create and transform data, produce appealing GIS visualizations, and build complex map layouts Learn undocumented features of the new QGIS processing module A set of user-friendly recipes that can automate the entire geospatial workflows by connecting Python GIS building blocks into comprehensive processes
Who This Book Is For
If you are a geospatial analyst who wants to learn more about automating everyday GIS tasks or a programmer who is responsible for building GIS applications,this book is for you. The short, reusable recipes make concepts easy to understand. You can build larger applications that are easy to maintain when they are put together.
What You Will Learn Build a library of reusable scripts with Script Runner Create, import, and edit geospatial data on disk or in memory Get to know more about dynamic mapping Create and add features to static maps Create a mapbook Reproject a vector layer Geolocate photos on a map Combine multiple rasters into one image In Detail
QGIS Python Programming will teach you how to write Python code that works with spatial data to automate geoprocessing tasks in QGIS. It will cover topics such as querying and editing vector data and using raster data. You will also learn to create, edit, and optimize a vector layer for faster queries, reproject a vector layer, reduce the number of vertices in a vector layer without losing critical data, and convert a raster to a vector. Following this, you will come across recipes that will help you to compose static maps, create heavily customized maps, and add specialized labels and annotations. Apart from this, the book will also share a few tips and tricks based on different aspects of QGIS.
QGIS Python Programming Cookbook Download Link:
- Business Intelligence and the Cloud: Strategic Implementation Guide (Wiley and SAS Business Series) Free PDF download
- Practical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for Developers free PDF download
- Swift 3 Functional Programming Free PDF/EPUB/Mobi Download
- Clean Code :A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship free PDF download
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master PDF download
- Text Processing with Ruby : Extract Value from the Data That Surrounds You PDF Download