eBook Description :
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Second Edition is an innovative tutorial designed for administrators. Just set aside one hour a day—lunchtime would be perfect—for a month, and you’ll be automating Windows tasks faster than you ever thought possible. You’ll start with the basics—what is PowerShell and what can you do with it. Then, you’ll move systematically through the techniques and features you’ll use to make your job easier and your day shorter.
PowerShell is both a language and an administrative shell with which you can control and automate nearly every aspect of Windows. It accepts and executes commands immediately, and you can write scripts to manage most Windows servers like Exchange, IIS, and SharePoint.
This book is a tutorial designed for busy administrators. Just set aside one hour a day for a month and you’ll learn all the practical techniques you need to make your job easier and your day shorter. This totally revised second edition covers new PowerShell 3 features designed for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
What’s In Learn Windows PowerShell 3 in a Month of Lunches eBook:
- Learn PowerShell from the beginning—no experience required!
- Covers PowerShell 3 and later running on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008R2, and later
- Each lesson should take you one hour or less
About the Authors of Book:
Powershell MVPs Don Jones and Jeffery Hicks bring years as successful trainers to this concise, easy-to-follow book. Don blogs at PowerShell.com and you can find Jeff at jdhitsolutions.com/blog.
Table of Contents
- Before you begin
- Meet PowerShell
- Using the help system
- Running commands
- Working with providers
- The pipeline: connecting commands
- Adding commands
- Objects: data by another name
- The pipeline, deeper
- Formatting—and why it’s done on the right
- Filtering and comparisons
- A practical interlude
- Remote control: one to one, and one to many
- Using Windows Management Instrumentation
- Multitasking with background jobs
- Working with many objects, one at a time
- Security alert!
- Variables: a place to store your stuff
- Input and output
- Sessions: remote control with less work
- You call this scripting?
- Improving your parameterized script
- Advanced remoting configuration
- Using regular expressions to parse text files
- Additional random tips, tricks, and techniques
- Using someone else’s script
- Never the end
- PowerShell cheat sheet
eBook Details :
[psp_rs_book name=”Learn Windows PowerShell 3 in a Month of Lunches” url=”http://www.ebooksfeed.com/19/learn-windows-powershell-3-in-a-month-of-lunches/” author=”Don Jones, Jeffery Hicks” publisher=”Manning” pubdate=”2013-02-20″ edition=”2nd Edition” isbn=”9781617291081″ formats=”EBook”]
File size: 10.1 MB
File format: PDF
You can download this eBook for free from here (Direct Download Link):Read It Online Now (Link) :
- Business Intelligence and the Cloud: Strategic Implementation Guide (Wiley and SAS Business Series) Free PDF download
- Practical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for Developers free PDF download
- Swift 3 Functional Programming Free PDF/EPUB/Mobi Download
- Clean Code :A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship free PDF download
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master PDF download
- Text Processing with Ruby : Extract Value from the Data That Surrounds You PDF Download