A rootkit is a type of malicious software that gives the hacker “root” or administrator access to your network. They are activated before your system’s operating system has completely booted up, making them extremely difficult to detect. Rootkits allow hackers to install hidden files, processes, and hidden user accounts. Hackers can use them to open back doors in order to intercept data from terminals, connections, and keyboards. A rootkit hacker can gain access to your systems and stay there for years, completely undetected.
Learn from respected security experts and Microsoft Security MVPs how to recognize rootkits, get rid of them, and manage damage control.
Accompanying the book is a value-packed companion CD offering a unique suite of tools to help administrators and users detect rootkit problems, conduct forensic analysis, and make quick security fixes.
Rootkits For Dummies Download Link:
- Business Intelligence and the Cloud: Strategic Implementation Guide (Wiley and SAS Business Series) Free PDF download
- Practical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for Developers free PDF download
- Swift 3 Functional Programming Free PDF/EPUB/Mobi Download
- Clean Code :A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship free PDF download
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master PDF download
- Text Processing with Ruby : Extract Value from the Data That Surrounds You PDF Download