Make the most of the new video and audio standards for the Web
Beginning HTML5 Media, Second Edition is a comprehensive introduction to HTML5 video and audio. The HTML5 video standard enables browsers to support audio and video elements natively. This makes it very easy for web developers to publish audio and video, integrating both within the general presentation of web pages. For example, media elements can be styled using CSS (style sheets), viewed on a mobile device, and manipulated in a Canvas or an audio filter graph. The book offers techniques for providing accessibility to media elements, enabling consistent handling of alternative representations of media resources. The update includes all of the changes and revisions since the first HTML5 draft.
Who this book is for
Beginning HTML5 Media, 2nd Edition is for those who are proficient in authoring and publishing Web pages, but have never utilized audio and video. It will also help those proficient in the use of Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, or QuickTime to understand what is happening in HTML5 media and how to use the new media elements.
Table of Contents
1. Encoding Media
2. Using and Manipulating Media Elements
4. Accessibility and Internationalization of HTML5 Media
5. Manipulating Media via Canvas
6. Manipulating Audio Through the WebAudio API
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 2) by J.K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything by Wizards RPG Team Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Grant by Ron Chernow Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations by Oprah Winfrey Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7) by J. K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]