Embrace the mobile gaming revolution and bring your iPhone game ideas to life with Swift
Create and design games for iPhone and iPad using SpriteKit Learn all of the fundamentals of SpriteKit game development and mix and match techniques to customize your game Follow a step-by-step walk-through of a finished SpriteKit game, from clicking on “New Project” to publishing it on the App Store.
Who This Book Is For
If you wish to create and publish fun iOS games using Swift, then Game Development with Swift is for you. You should be familiar with basic programming concepts. However, no prior game development or Apple ecosystem experience is required.
What You Will Learn Deliver powerful graphics, physics, and sound in your game by using SpriteKit Explore drawing and animation techniques for fun and quick results Read and react to various forms of player input including physical device tilt and touch recognition Master Apple’s IDE, Xcode, and the accompanying toolset Polish your menus and HUD to make your game stand out Integrate your game with Game Center so that your players can share their high scores and achievements Maximize gameplay with little-known tips and strategies for fun and repeatable action Publish your hard work to the App Store and enjoy as people play your games
Apple’s new programming language, Swift, is fast, safe, accessible―the perfect choice for game development! Packed with best practices and easy-to-use examples, this book leads you step by step through the development of your first Swift game.
Game Development with Swift starts by introducing Swift’s best features for game development. Then, you will learn how to animate sprites and textures. Along the way, you will master the physics framework, add the player character and NPCs, and implement controls. Towards the end of the book, you will polish your game with fun menus, integrate with Apple Game Center for leaderboards and achievements, and then finally, learn how to publish your finished games to the App Store. By the end of this book, you will be able to create your own iOS games using Swift and SpriteKit.
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 2) by J.K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything by Wizards RPG Team Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Grant by Ron Chernow Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations by Oprah Winfrey Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7) by J. K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]