Migrating to Swift from Android
Posted by samira
In 250 pages, Migrating to Swift from Android gives you—as an experienced Android app developer—all you need to create native iOS apps using the latest Swift programming language. Starting with preparing your Xcode 6.1 IDE and introducing just enough iOS application framework fundamentals, you’ll understand how to create meaningful Swift applications for iOS 8 immediately.
After the short IDE setup guide, Migrating to Swift from Android continues by providing guidance on how to translate your existing Android apps to iOS. Every topic comes with a tutorial project; you’ll plan and structure your iOS apps following a typical top-down process using Xcode Storyboards. To implement use cases, you’ll cover common mobile topics, including user interfaces, managing data, and networking with remote services. As you move through Part 2 of this book, you’ll create simple and meaningful iOS apps with rich UI components to handle common CRUD operations locally and remotely.
Part 3 demonstrates the whole porting process by translating a typical mobile app from Android to iOS 8 from start to finish. When you finish reading Migrating to Swift from Android, you’ll be an iOS developer as well as an Android developer. And, you will be fully convinced you can create iOS apps just like you do in Android. In most cases, it is a waste not to port your native Android apps to iOS.
What youll learn Maximize your existing mobile knowledge to learn iOS programming Use the latest Xcode 6.1 IDE Translate your existing GUI Android apps Learn the fundamentals of Swift Work with user interface components and UI animations Store and retrieve data Create networked apps that use remote services Who this book is for
Migrating to Swift from Android is for Android developers wanting to make the jump to iOS development using the new Apple Swift programming language.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Prepare Your Tools
1. Setting Up the Development Environment
2. iOS Programming Basics
Part 2: Come Sail Away: A Roadmap for Porting
3. Structure Your App
4. Implement Piece by Piece
Part 3: Pulling It All Together
5. Recap with a Case Study
What you’ll learn
- Maximize your existing mobile knowledge to learn iOS programming
- Use the latest Xcode 6.1 IDE
- Translate your existing GUI Android apps
- Learn the fundamentals of Swift
- Work with user interface components and UI animations
- Store and retrieve data
- Create networked apps that use remote services
[psp_rs_book name=”Migrating to Swift from Android” author=”Sean Liao” publisher=”Apress” pubdate=”2014-10-22″ isbn=”978-1-484204-37-5″ formats=”PDF”]
eBook Download Link:
http://www.upforfree.com/dl3.php?name=Apress-Migrating-to-Swift-from-Android-(2014)[ebooksfeed.com].pdf&size=7.00&n=ebooksRead Online Now Link :
- Business Intelligence and the Cloud: Strategic Implementation Guide (Wiley and SAS Business Series) Free PDF download Dec 5, 2016
- Practical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for Developers free PDF download Dec 5, 2016
- Swift 3 Functional Programming Free PDF/EPUB/Mobi Download Oct 27, 2016
- Clean Code :A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship free PDF download Oct 24, 2016
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master PDF download Oct 24, 2016
- Text Processing with Ruby : Extract Value from the Data That Surrounds You PDF Download Oct 18, 2016