Pro HTML5 Programming, 2nd Edition – HTML5 is here, and with it, web applications have acquired power, ease, scalability, and responsiveness like never before. With this book, developers will learn how to use the latest cutting-edge HTML5 web technology—available in the most recent versions of modern browsers—to build web applications with unparalleled functionality, speed, and responsiveness.
This new edition includes major revisions for WebSockets functionality, reflecting the new W3C specification. It also features new chapters covering the drag-and-drop API as well as SVG.
Explains how to create real-time HTML5 applications that tap the full potential of modern browsers Provides practical, real-world examples of HTML5 features in action Covers all the new HTML5 APIs to get you up-to-speed quickly with HTML5 Fully updated to include the latest revisions of the WebSocket API, and much more.
What you’ll learn How the HTML5 specification has evolved How to develop cutting-edge web applications using new HTML5 features like WebSockets, geolocation, web storage, Canvas, and audio/video Which features are available in modern browsers
Who this book is for
Web designers and developers who want to use the latest cutting-edge technology available in current browsers Developers who want to create dynamic, HTML5 web applications Developers who want to know which HTML5 features are supported by modern browsers
Table of Contents Overview of HTML5 Using the Canvas API Working With Scalable Vector Graphics Working with Audio and Video Using the Geolocation API Using the Communication APIs Using the WebSocket API Using the Forms API Working with Drag-and-Drop Using the Web Workers API Using the Storage APIs Creating Offline Web Applications The Future of HTML5.
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 2) by J.K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything by Wizards RPG Team Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Grant by Ron Chernow Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations by Oprah Winfrey Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7) by J. K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]