Discover how to leverage the power of SDL 2.0 to create awesome games in C++
BLACK & WHITE EDITION
If you’re good with C++ and object oriented programming, this book utilizes your skills to create 2D games using the Simple DirectMedia Layer API. Practical tutorials include the development of two wickedly good games.
Create 2D reusable games using the new SDL 2.0 and C++ frameworks Become proficient in speeding up development time Create two fully-featured games with C++ which include a platform game and a 2D side scrolling shooter An engaging and structured guide to develop your own game
SDL 2.0 is the latest release of the popular Simple DirectMedia Layer API, which is designed to make life easier for C++ developers, allowing you simple low-level access to various multiplatform audio, graphics, and input devices.
SDL Game Development guides you through creating your first 2D game using SDL and C++. It takes a clear and practical approach to SDL game development, ensuring that the focus remains on creating awesome games.
Starting with the installation and setup of SDL, you will quickly become familiar with useful SDL features, covering sprites, state management, and OOP, leading to a reusable framework that is extendable for your own games. SDL Game Development culminates in the development of two exciting action games that utilize the created framework along with tips to improve the framework.
What you will learn from this book
Draw in SDL and build the SDL_image extension Develop reusable classes Get to grips with game related object-oriented programming Integrate a variety of user inputs into your games, such as joysticks or keyboards Use factories that enable us to create objects dynamically at runtime Create 2D maps through the use of tiles Easily apply the framework to different game genres Understand the scrolling of a tile map using the position of the player and collision detection.
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 2) by J.K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything by Wizards RPG Team Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Grant by Ron Chernow Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations by Oprah Winfrey Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7) by J. K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]