Whether you’re a marketer with development skills or a full-on web developer/analyst, Practical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for Developers shows you how to implement Google Analytics using Google Tag Manager to jumpstart your web analytics measurement.
There’s a reason that so many organizations use Google Analytics. Effective collection of data with Google Analytics can reduce customer acquisition costs, provide priceless feedback on new product initiatives, and offer insights that will grow a customer or client base. So where does Google Tag Manager fit in?
Google Tag Manager allows for unprecedented collaboration between marketing and technical teams, lightning fast updates to your site, and standardization of the most common tags for on-site tracking and marketing efforts. To achieve the rich data you’re really after to better serve your users’ needs, you’ll need the tools Google Tag Manager provides for a best-in-class implementation of Google Analytics measurement on your site.
Written by data evangelist and Google Analytics expert Jonathan Weber and the team at LunaMetrics, this book offers foundational knowledge, a collection of practical Google Tag Manager recipes, well-tested best practices, and troubleshooting tips to get your implementation in tip-top condition. It covers topics including:
• Google Analytics implementation via Google Tag Manager
• How to customize Google Analytics for your unique situation
• Using Google Tag Manager to track and analyze interactions across multiple devices and touch points
• How to extract data from Google Analytics and use Google BigQuery to analyze Big Data questions
What you’ll learn in Practical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for Developers
- Implementation approaches for Google Analytics, including common pitfalls and troubleshooting strategies.
- How to use tools like Google Tag Manager and jQuery to jumpstart your Google Analytics implementation.
- How to track metrics beyond page views to other critical user interactions, such as clicks on outbound links or downloads, scrolling and page engagement, usage of AJAX forms, and much more.
- How to incorporate additional, customized data into Google Analytics to track individual users or enrich data about their behavior.
Who this book is for :
Table of Contents :
- Google Analytics Fundamentals
- Basic Google Analytics Measurement
- Introducing Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Testing Your Implementation
- Tracking Interactions using Google Tag Manager
- Goals: Measuring Conversions
- Ecommerce: Tracking Products and Purchases
- Cleaning Up and Enriching Data
- Measuring Campaigns and Troubleshooting Traffic Sources
- Tracking Users Across Devices
- Providing Additional Data about your Users
- GA’s Measurement Protocol: Collecting data from anywhere
- Collecting Data from Mobile Apps with GA & GTM
- Importing Data into GA
- Using GA with BigQuery for Big Data analysis
- Appendix: Google Tag Manager and Google APIs
Practical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for Developers eBook Details :
File format: eBook [PDF] or HardCover
You Can Buy This Book From Here :
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 2) by J.K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything by Wizards RPG Team Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Grant by Ron Chernow Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations by Oprah Winfrey Review [Buy Now Best Price]
- Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7) by J. K. Rowling Review [Buy Now Best Price]